Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lemon Curd Bars

Three in One Recipe Day!
Three versions of a lemon bar - take your pick!

I had never tried lemon curd before now, but will definitely try it again!

A friend gave me a jar of it and so I used this easy recipe that I found at allrecipes.com for Lemon Curd Bars.

It was wonderful!! 

The lemon curd is tangy but not as much as I thought it might be...it made some awesome and tasty bars.  Good enough to share!

This recipe was quick and easy to make.


I easily mixed 4 simple ingredients - patted 2/3 of it in the bottom of the pan - covered it with the lemon curd, then added coconut and toasted almonds to the remaining crumbles, sprinkled it over the top and baked.




Soo....if you don't have lemon curd, but are hungry for some lemon bars, check out my dear friend Angie's recipe - at A'lil Country Sugar for Best Lemon Bars in the World, using everyday ingredients from your kitchen. I've made them too and they were truly OUT OF THIS WORLD!

This is my picture of them...I ran out of powdered sugar =(


LEMON CURD BARS

1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 (10 ozs) jar lemon curd
2/3 c. flaked coconut
1/2 c. toasted and chopped almonds

Preheat oven to 375. In large mixing bowl, cream the butter. Add flour, sugar and baking soda.  Mix until the mixture forms coarse crumbs. Pat 2/3 of mixture into the bottom of a 9" X 13" baking pan (ungreased). Bake for 10 minutes.  Remove and let cool slightly. 

Spread the lemon curd over the baked layer. To the remaining 1/3 of crumb mixture, add the coconut and almonds.  sprinkle over the top of the lemon curd.

Lower temp to 350. Bake bars for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Enjoy every yummy bite!

I'm guessing if you want a different flavor, you could use any favorite jam instead of the lemon curd.  The crust is buttery and so delicious. 


                                     @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

After I had this post typed up, I saw my sweet friend Betsy's recipe for Three Layer Lemon Bars at My Five Men .  This recipe has been a 'hit' (in the top #3!) at some linky parties so be sure you check it out also.  YUM-OO!!!!


11 comments :

  1. Well, I was scrolling down your post thinking how yummy those bars look and then there was mine! ha. Thanks for including it. I have a jar of lemon curd..I'm going to have to try one of your recipes! I've never used it before and have been wondering what to do with it! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering just at reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there friend! I am doing good, thanks for checking in on me.

    These look amazing and easy! Thanks!

    Love,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything lemon, but I have never tried lemon curd either. I bet it is really creamy (because it looks like it is).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the link. I am wanting to make those bars again....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I'm a big lemon dessert fan! I'll take one to go, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!...My mouth is puckering up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post has me drooling all over my keyboard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Lemon Curd Bars look like they are full of flavor and yet so delicate. Very good recipe! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and sure hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, this looks fantastic...I mean how perfect! I can just imagine this with my cup of white peony tea....aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOOOOOH LOOK SO TANGY AND SCRUMPTIOUS! THANKS FOR LINKING UP AT WONKA WEDNESDAY!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly