Wednesday, February 22, 2012

{Slow-Cooker} Chicken Enchilada Soup

Oh my Goodness Blogging Amigos!

If you fancy Mexican food in any way, shape or form, you're going to love this recipe.


IT'S DELICIOU-OSO!!!
(you know what I mean!=)

I made it the same day I saw it because I couldn't wait to try it.  Tiffany at Eat at Home shares MMMMMarvelous recipes and I am pleased with every one I try.  I pinned this and know it has been repinned many times.

This recipe serves 12, and since there are only 2 of us, I cut it in half.

It calls for 1 can of cream style corn, and I still added the whole thing, and we thought it was MUY BIEN!!!!

If you family doesn't care for the zip of green chilies, just substitute with regular tomatoes. Or use one can of fire-roasted tomatoes if you prefer.  This delicious soup will take the chill off on a cold winter's day.

It's really wonderful. Great to serve with a sandwich or salad, or maybe even nachos?


CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP

1 1/2 – 2 lbs. chicken tenders or diced chicken, uncooked
1 red bell pepper, diced, optional 
1/2 large onion, diced
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans tomatoes with diced green chilies
1 can cream style corn
1 cup frozen corn
2 cans (10.75 ozs. each) cream of chicken soup
1 or 2 (about 11 ozs. each) cans enchilada sauce 
(your choice of flavors - red or green)
3 cups milk

pepper jack or monterey jack cheese, shredded, for garnish 

Place chicken in bottom of the slow cooker. (Tiffany used frozen chicken and did not thaw it first).  

Add all other ingredients except chicken soup, enchilada sauce and milk.  Stir the last 3 ingredients together and pour over others in slow cooker.

Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Top with shredded pepper jack cheese and serve with tortilla chips.



Print Friendly and PDF


Linked to Recipe of the Week
Feature Friday
Whatcha Crockin Wednesday


3 comments :

  1. This sounds so, so good!!! This would be perfect for my busy school days. Pinning it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it! It's a great recipe. I think it originated with Real Mom Kitchen, but I'm not sure. Anyway, wonderful recipe that can be altered as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making soups and this one looks so delicious. Thanks for linking up with me.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly