Sunday, July 1, 2012

Patriotic Berry Kebobs

When I saw this simple idea for Patriotic Berry Kebobs from Mommy Made From Scratch...linked up at our Weekend Potluck linky party, I knew it was exactly what I wanted to put together for our upcoming holiday. 

It was so easy too.  I bought a prepared angel food cake that was on sale, and already had red and blue sprinkles in it. If you want to make your own (this one was cheaper to purchase than a mix!) just add some blue and red sprinkles to your batter.  I cut little star shapes out with one of my smaller cookie cutters, and also added bananas (dip in lemon water or pineapple juice if not serving right away). 

I then decided I wanted to have a dip to go with the kebobs and lo and behold I came across a nutella yogurt dip, also linked up at Weekend Potluck, from Wonky Wonderful.  Click here for that simple 2-ingredient! recipe. 

Hope you enjoy this beautiful and healthy holiday treat! It's a healthy way to celebrate!






Patriotic Berry Kebobs

1 pint of blueberries
1 pint of strawberries/raspberries

2 bananas, sliced, dipped in juice to preserve
1 angel food cake
whipped cream (optional)

(Nutella Dip is great too) 

Cut the angel food cake into bite size cubes or shapes. Hull the strawberries (use whole raspberries) then simply skewer each piece of the recipe onto the skewer in whatever pattern you like. When finished the fruit and cake can be dipped in whipped cream or the nutella dip


Linked to Mix it up Monday
Melt in your Mouth Monday
Show me Whatcha Got Tuesday
Foodie Friends Friday
Lou Lou Girls
Full Plate Thursday
Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday

10 comments :

  1. What an awesome idea! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun idea for the 4th...and I love the addition of angel food cake! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, delicious, and perfect for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect! I know how you love the red, white, and blue....Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love yours! The dip seems like it was meant to be paired with the kebabs! Thanks so much for the link back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious. Love this idea! Going to share on my Walking on Sunshine FB page. Thank you for linking up with Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and so great for July 4th. I work that night so may do this for everyone at work. This is also my host favorite. It will be shared on the Daily Dish Magazine on Monday and on my FFF linky party post on Thursday. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly