Thursday, November 8, 2012

Quick Corny Chili


                                                                     
                 
This delicious thick soup puts a 'twist' on your everyday chili recipe. 

Open a few cans, add them to browned ground beef, onions & celery and heat.  You're ready to serve!  EASY PEASY!!! 

I love this recipe so much I added it to my cookbook! 

It has several options too...you can make as the recipe states for more of a sweet & sour kind of chili, not using as much chili powder.  

Or...you can just add a pkg. of chili seasoning instead. You can melt cheese in it if you'd like.  Or top it with shredded cheese. 

 I love eating mine with corn chips. Saltines would be good also. 

However you decide to fix it, know that it's very yummy and easy.  Great for a busy night on the run. 

Serve with cornbread or a sandwich and your family will have happy tummies. 


QUICK CORNY CHILI 

1 lb. ground beef
1 med. onion, chopped
1/4 c. chopped celery
1 (16 ozs) can pork and beans, undrained
1 (16 ozs) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ozs) can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 (10-3/4 ozs) can cream of tomato soup
1 (10-3/4 ozs) can vegetable soup
1/4 - 1/2 c. water
1/4 c. brown sugar, optional
(may use 2 Tb. brown sugar splenda)
1 Tb. vinegar
2 - 3 Tb. chili powder, to taste 


Brown ground beef, onion and celery; cook until tender; drain grease.  Add remaining ingredients, simmer until heated through. 



Yield: 8 - 10 servings 




Linked to Weekend Potluck
GBP Roundup - Soup's on

5 comments :

  1. This is new to me! Very quick and easy...love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how quick chilli is to make, although I tend to use slightly different ingredients to those you list - I particularly enjoy adding tinned chopped tomatoes for a really tomato-ey chilli. Great to see different ideas about what to add! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is different! I love your idea of scooping it with corn chips-I know I'd love that too. I'm pinning this to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It's so easy and looks so flavorful and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! This sounds like a great recipe for chili! I love serving cornbread with chili..its so good! =)

    Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly