Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Guest Post - Make Ahead Chicken Pot Pies (Jane Doiron)

I couldn't be more tickled to get to share one of my first and dearest blogging friends with you!

Jane's blog, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, (link below) was the first blog I subscribed to years ago...then Jane and I began communicating and we became fast friends. 

She was a huge help and encouragement to me in getting started at my own blog. Someone like that, that gives themself away, just can't help win you over quickly. 

When I saw this post, I fell in love with the dish.  Pot pies are true comfort food in my book, and Jane is great about giving instructions to make ahead!

Thanks so much Jane for all you've done and for being willing to share now. 

Now...on with the show....HEREEEEEE'S JANE! 



Hi! My name is Jane Doiron and I blog at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms.

I'd like to thank Marsha for inviting me to do a guest post on her blog!  Marsha and I have been blogging buddies for over three years.  She has put a smile on my face more times than I can tell you!  She is such a sweet heart!  I really hope we get a chance to meet some day!

I have always loved cooking, but I work full-time as a second grade teacher, so you can imagine how tired I am when I come home from work.  There's nothing like coming home to a well-stocked freezer full of meals for my family that I can throw in the oven or heat in the microwave during the week.  So today I'd like to share one of our favorite make ahead meals.

chickenpotpie+033

This recipe takes a while to make, but it is so worth it.  Whenever I make them, I freeze all 6 mini pot pies. I take out the frozen pies when I want to cook them, brush the frozen crust with egg wash and throw them right in the oven.  I usually open up a can of cranberry sauce to go with it and it's a complete meal.  We love it in my house!

I have given these pies to sick friends and family on many occasions.  They're perfect to give to a new Mom and her family after the baby comes home.

minichicPicMonkey Collage
For the complete recipe and tutorial, click HERE!

JaneScan 1You can find more recipes like these at my blog Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms.  Make sure you never miss a recipe, review, or giveaway by subscribing to my blog.  You can also catch me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!





Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly