Thursday, March 20, 2014

Skinny Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

OHMYGOODNESS!

I came across this photo in my pictures, and realized I'd best be sharing this one NOW. 

With spring just around the corner, we may not be enjoying hot chocolate as much as we do in cold weather.

It's been a brutal winter for many, and I am more than overjoyed to say I got to escape much of it and enjoy time in Florida.  We have even enjoyed hot chocolate in Florida too. The evenings can be cool. And there's always room for chocolate!

The recipes Lyuba shares at Will Cook for Smiles are always!
Attention-Grabbers for me and my taste  buds. Please stop over and check out more of her wonderful creations and don't forget to tell her I sent you. *-*

This one did not disappoint and I am excited to add it to my blog...and hopefully, into your recipe files. 

This scrumptious drink makes me think of my amazing Best Ever Caramels
with a sea salt topping optional. OH.MY!

Love Love Love the coarse salt topping on this.  Just makes me giddy and makes me feel so special.

Enjoy every tasty sweet n salty sip!!



SKINNY SALTED CARAMEL HOT CHOCOLATE 

2 c. skim milk
2-1/2 Tb. unsweetened baking cocoa
2 Tb. sugar free caramel ice cream topping
1 - 3 pkts. stevia, truvia, or your favorite sweetener

For Garnish:
Lite Reddi Whip
Sugar Free Caramel Ice cream topping
Coarse Sea Salt 

Heat the milk in a medium  saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the baking cocoa until smooth. Heat through and add caramel, then sugar substitute until blended and smooth. Heat for about 5 minutes or until warmed. Pour into mug. 

Top with whipped cream; drizzle with caramel. Sprinkle sea salt over top and serve...proudly!!  This is the kind of drink you want to serve company!!!

(I prefer stirring the caramel and salt into the drink before enjoying). 

If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy this


Linked to Wekend Potluck


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly