Thursday, December 10, 2015

Candy Cane Milkshake (with Protein)

My hubby had just gotten me a new blender...just cause my old one wasn't in such good shape any more.  (He's definitely a keeper) *-*

So...I was anxious to try it out and nearly ran to the kitchen when I saw this cool recipe idea at Pinterest. 

I revised the luscious recipe that I found at Dashing Dish

I love that this shake is ready in just minutes!! 
AND THAT IT HAS PROTEIN!!!!!

And no one will ever know it has cottage cheese.  It 'disappears' in the blending process and adds a wonderful creaminess!

I think it's a fun recipe to serve to a girlfriend who drops by after a day of shopping.  You'll make her feel pampered with this awesome treat. Your family will think you're the greatest too when you serve to them.

What a great idea to serve on Christmas Eve huh? 


CANDY CANE MILKSHAKE 
(with protein) 

1/2 c. lowfat cottage cheese
(I used 3 ozs. light cream cheese, room temp) 
1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder
2 - 4 drops peppermint extract, or to taste
2 - 3 pkts. Stevia, Truvia or your favorite sweetener
1 Tb. (sugar free) instant vanilla pudding mix 
1 heaping Tb. vanilla Greek yogurt
4 - 8 ice cubes
4 - 6 ozs. ice cold water
(I used half that amount unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
A few drops of red food coloring to finish it off

Place all the ingredients, except for the food coloring, into the blender. 
Blend until thick and smooth.  Pour into a tall glass. Just before serving, drop in a couple of 
drops of food coloring; swirl and serve topped with whipped cream and
a candy cane or crushed peppermint on top.

Yield: 1 good sized serving

DREAMY!!!  

Linked to 
            Weekend Potluck
              Full Plate Thursday
             Meal Plan Monday


















No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly