Friday, October 28, 2016

Gluten Free No Bake Chex Snack Bars

It seems there are more and more folks in the world who have to eaten gluten free. I feel bad for them because I know it can be a real challenge.

We have a teenage granddaughter who is gluten free.  If she eats something with gluten, her stomach gets upset.  WAAHH! =(  

I recently served refreshments at a Ladies Day at my church, and we needed to furnish GF foods, so this was what I fixed for 'dessert' for those ladies. 

I got some great comments and know I'll be making them again. They're delicious and even those who don't have to eat GF will enjoy these! 

They're easy and keep well for a few days.  I tweaked the easy recipe found



GLUTEN FREE NO BAKE CHEX SNACK BARS 

2 c. gluten free pretzel sticks, broken into small pieces
1 c. gluten free Corn Chex cereal
2 c. gluten free popcorn 
(I used the Original Skinny Pop
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1/3 c. natural creamy peanut butter
5 c. (10 ozs. bag) mini marshmallows
1/2 c. peanut butter M & M's 

Line a 9" X 13" baking pan with aluminum foil (nonstick is easiest to use), allowing about 2" to hang over the end or side. If not using non-stick, spray with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. 

In large bowl, combine pretzels, cereal and popcorn; set aside. 

In large pan over low heat, melt the butter and peanut butter. Stir in marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.  Pour over cereal mixture; stir until cereal mixture is covered.  Add half the M & M's and stir, then spread evenly into the pan. Gently press down on the mixture (I like to spray the back of my large metal spatula), but not too hard.  Let cool. Cut into 16 or 20 pieces, storing at room temp for 2 or 3 days...
if they last that long!! 




You might also like...

Copycat Starbucks Orange Cake (GF)








Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly