Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First things First...

[caption id="attachment_415" align="alignleft" width="193" caption="credit: chaps1"]credit: chaps1[/caption]

Summer is such a busy time of year.  I've always been one who tries ( notice, I said TRIES) to keep a tidy home.  But as grandkids, and the computer, have come into my life, I'm leaning more and more on the thought that expresses...

My home is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy.
I believe I've become wiser as I mature, and keeping a clean home all the time, isn't nearly as important to me as it once was.  This poem has been on my mind, and I wanted to share with you.



Dust If You Must



Dust if you must.

But wouldn't it be better,

To paint a picture, or write a letter,

Bake a cake, or plant a seed?


Ponder the difference between want and need.





Dust if you must.

But there is not much time

With rivers to swim and mountains to climb!

Music to hear, and books to read,

Friends to cherish and life to lead.





Dust if you must.

But the world's out there

With the sun in your eyes,

The wind in your hair,

A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.

This day will not come round again.





Dust if you must.

But bear in mind,

Old age will come and it's not kind.

And when you go, and go you must,

You, yourself, will make more dust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though my 'baby' is 31, just the mere thought of this short 'ditty' brings me to tears....because it's packed with truth!


Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow,
For babies grow up we learn to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.

Take time to enjoy your summer...and the most important things in life -
family & friends!

And remember to keep FIRST THINGS FIRST. =D



LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH

1 comment :

  1. thanks so much for the reminder of priorities, love and miss you sooo much!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly