Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yum-Pum-Pum Pumpkin Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting


I prefer crispy cookies, but these are my all time favorite soft cookie. Very easy to make and oh-so yummy! Try 'em...you'll like 'em. 

Top them with browned butter frosting???  Yes please!
                                                                                               

pumpkin cookies
PUMPKIN COOKIES


1 cup shortening (Crisco)

1 cup white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Cream together shortening and sugar; add pumpkin and beaten egg.  Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.  Bake at 400 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes. Frost when cool.

Browned Butter Frosting:

Heat 1/2 cup butter until golden brown.  Stir in 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla.  Stir in 2 - 4 Tbs. hot water until spreading consistency.

These are great with cream cheese frosting also.

Linked to Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight
       Gooseberry Patch Roundup
Recipe of the Week
     Ingredient Spotlight - Pumpkin


3 comments :

  1. If I see BROWN BUTTER in almost any recipe I know it's something I have to make. I love brown butter frosting or icing.... my alltime fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brown butter icing really sets these apart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I told you lately how much I love your recipes :) Blessing, K

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly