Wednesday, May 30, 2012

French Cheese Bread

What an easy and delicious bread to add YUM to any meal! 

We enjoyed it along taco salad.
(They're both cheesey!!) 

I was delighted to see this recipe in a cookbook gifted to me from
my dear friend Lark at Lark's Country Heart...entitled
"Our Valley Cookbook Vol. 2" 

It is one of two community cookbooks Lark has been a part of putting together.  It's full of easy, simple, delicious dishes. 

This dish will knock your socks off and your family will love it. 


FRENCH CHEESE BREAD 

1/2 c. mayonnaise
(I used light)
1/2 c. margarine, softened
(I used Smart Balance)
1 c. black olives, chopped
2 c. mozzarella cheese
(I used Italian)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 green onions, chopped
1 large loaf French bread, cut lengthwise
(or in slices) 

Add mayo to margarine and mix well.  Add remaining ingredients, except for bread.  Spread mixture over bread halves.  Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned. 

(The spread can be made ahead and even freezes well). 

Linked to 
           Weekend Potluck
           Scrumptious Sunday
            Melt in your Mouth Monday

8 comments :

  1. Pinned it to Pinterest.. looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you & your hubby enjoyed it!
    It is always a favorite at our house too!
    Thanks for sharing Marsha! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound really good...cheesy and ooey-gooey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love cheesy bread! It's a fav in our house! I am co-hosting a Fabulous Friday Party and I would love for you to link up! Have a fabulous weekend! http://www.serenabakessimplyfromscratch.com/2012/06/fabulous-friday-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy - I love olive cheese bread and I don't even like olives! That is how good it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went right to this on the WP Marsha, and come to find out it is yours! Looks delicious and I can't wait to try it!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheese, chocolate and bread are my favorite foods in the whole world. Since this has two of my faves, and it's ooey gooey, you know I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly