Friday, April 29, 2011

Waffle Iron Cookies

Have you ever tried this unique idea?

COOKIES BAKED IN A WAFFLE IRON???

I'm not kidding!

I've even won a BLUE RIBBON for this recipe at Just a Pinch Online Recipe Club.

I use to make these when my kids were young, and was tickled when I came across the recipe recently. 

They're as delicious as I remember them!

I took a picture from this angle because I wanted you to see how thick they are!

Quick & easy too.  I love that about any recipe.

And they bake fast - whoever heard of baking cookies for 45 seconds?  *-*

The dough is thick and fudgy, and the cookies are too.

I mix them by hand because it is so thick.

How fun to make 4 at once!

I frost them when they're cooled, but I wanted to be sure you got to see them pre-frosting. (I used store-purchased frosting, but use your favorite).

Fun huh?  Hope you and your kids will all enjoy this great cookie! 

WAFFLE IRON COOKIES

1/2 c. margarine
4 Tb. baking cocoa (I heaped them)
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt

In medium bowl, melt margarine and cocoa.  Stir in eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt. Drop by teaspoonsful onto hot waffle iron, baking several at a time.
Bake about 45 seconds. (Each waffle iron temp may vary?) Frost when cool.

And if you really want to splurge, top a cookie with ice cream and fudge sauce!  YOWZA!!!!!!!!




Print Friendly and PDF


              Sharing Sundays
                  Thursday's Treasures
           Ingredient Spotlight - Baking Cocoa

21 comments :

  1. oh interesting!! i wonder if just normal cookies wold work in there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so long for a waffle iron. I think I'm putting this item on my Christmas list this year.
    These cookies look so good....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cookies! I have made them with a brownie mix when I had one on hand, then we added them to our Ice cream Sundae.

    MMM, mmm, good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so cute... First I thought they were just waffles them I read and they're also cookies!! Wow amazing!!!


    ~Jessica~

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    <3 Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great recipe! This looks like a lot of fun to make!

    Enjoy your weekend, Marsha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SO cool! I've never heard of making cookie this way, but what a neat idea! I will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember one time when we made these, and we got to eat them as chocolate sundaes like you suggested. They felt SO decadent (even before I really understood what "decadent" meant. lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so lovely to meet you on Thursday!! And I'm so thrilled to have discovered your blog! Thank you for your kind words - you blessed my socks off! Look forward to walking alongside you in the 'blogosphere'!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey i do a blog hop on sundays called savory sundays and i would love it if you came over and shared one of your great recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love fudgy. ;) and 45 seconds? That is unbelievable! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such a great idea--and baked in 45 seconds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those waffle iron cookies are really cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so yummy! I can't wait to try them myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do not have a waffle iron...is another way to cook them? They look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic idea! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard of these and have always wanted to try them. Now I will - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I featured you on my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY Goodness! You know I will be making these for my boys! Thank you so much for sharing on http://www.recipesformyboys.com/p/thursdays-treasures.html <3 and Hugs Dear!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly