Friday, April 29, 2011

Waffle Iron Cookies

Have you ever tried this unique idea?

COOKIES BAKED IN A WAFFLE IRON???

I'm not kidding!

I've even won a BLUE RIBBON for this recipe at Just a Pinch Online Recipe Club.

I use to make these when my kids were young, and was tickled when I came across the recipe recently. 

They're as delicious as I remember them!

I took a picture from this angle because I wanted you to see how thick they are!

Quick & easy too.  I love that about any recipe.

And they bake fast - whoever heard of baking cookies for 45 seconds?  *-*

The dough is thick and fudgy, and the cookies are too.

I mix them by hand because it is so thick.

How fun to make 4 at once!

I frost them when they're cooled, but I wanted to be sure you got to see them pre-frosting. (I used store-purchased frosting, but use your favorite).

Fun huh?  Hope you and your kids will all enjoy this great cookie! 

WAFFLE IRON COOKIES
(From The Better Baker)

1/2 c. margarine
4 Tb. baking cocoa (I heaped them)
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt

In medium bowl, melt margarine and cocoa.  Stir in eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt. Drop by teaspoonsful onto hot waffle iron, baking several at a time.
Bake about 45 seconds. (Each waffle iron temp may vary?) Frost when cool.

And if you really want to splurge, top a cookie with ice cream and fudge sauce!  YOWZA!!!!!!!!

              Sharing Sundays
                  Thursday's Treasures
           Ingredient Spotlight - Baking Cocoa