Friday, June 10, 2011

Amazing Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

I can't tell you how excited I was when I was making this dish!!!

I was just hungry for it I spose, and couldn't keep my nose out of the crockpot!

It's a wonder it ever finished cooking!

I just knew I'd have to try it when I saw the recipe at Lark's Country Heart

I'm always a sucker for anything cheesey, especially when it includes cream cheese! This is definitely creamy dreamy...

It will be made and enjoyed in my kitchen again...and again.


1 - 16 ozs. pkg. of macaroni
20 ozs. sharp cheddar, or your choice, shredded
1 - 8 ozs. cream cheese, cubed
1/2 stick of butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs
2 c. milk (I used a little less - you can always add more later)
salt & pepper to taste

First boil pasta until it is half done, about 7 - 8 minutes.
Drain; pour into lightly sprayed crockpot. Add shredded cheese and cream cheese to pasta. (Lark does NOT recommend using pre-shredded - it makes the sauce grainy)

In bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt & pepper; beat well. Add (cooled) melted margarine to egg mixture and blend well. Pour mixture over cheese and pasta.  Stir until all is blended.  Cook on low heat for 2 hrs. stirring occasionally.

Enjoy a wonderful weekend!

Linked to Savory Sunday
              Melt in Your Mouth Monday