Thursday, August 11, 2011

'Lightened' Snickers Ice Cream Pie & Happy Birthday Wishes

I decided to share this recipe with you because it's what I'm fixing for my beloved husband's birthday today!

What a precious blessing to have the privilege of growing old with my high school sweetheart!

I still get goosebumps when I look at him. 

He's a Marine...and doesn't break out into a smile very often, but...

I have always adored how he smiles at me with his eyes. And...I love how he smiles when he's surrounded by our grandchildren, like in this picture...

(Daughter Deb's girls...Claira on the left side of the picture...Kaity on the right)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUGARBEAR!

(I like to tease him that I have to feed him sugar-free, because he's already 'sugar-full'=)

When I was ready to make this pie, I couldn't find the frozen non-fat yogurt called for, so I got the sugar-free vanilla ice cream that was availble (Prarie Farms brand is very tasty.)

It only takes a few simple ingredients and you're on your way to a cooling and refreshing treat.


Once the ice cream is softened, this can be mixed up in just a matter of minutes.


I like to leave ripples of peanut butter so I have something to bite into!


We have certainly enjoyed every bite of this tasty dish. Trust you will too!



SNICKERS ICE CREAM PIE
(From The Better Baker)
1 pint (2 cups) vanilla non-fat frozen yogurt, softened
2 TB. chunky peanut butter
1/2 pkg. (1/4 cup) sugar free dry instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup (fat free) frozen whipped topping, thawed
lite chocolate ice cream syrup
In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well - pour into 8" pie pan. (I spray a couple quick sprays with Pam...just to make it easier to get out of the dish). Cover tightly and freeze until set.



Before serving, drizzle 2 tsps. lite chocolate syrup over entire pie.

Note: This was originally a Weight Watchers recipe...using non-fat frozen yogurt.  Serves 8 - 2 points each.

If you have a larger family and want larger portions, feel free to double the recipe and pour into 9" or 10" pie plate.



Print Friendly and PDF



Linked to Fit & Fabulous Friday




10 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to your husband!! That ice cream pie sounds like the perfect way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your husband! This looks like a great summer time dessert! We love Snickers so I'm sure this would be a big hit in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to the hubby....what a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your hubby! I love your blog, and this look delicious Im following you dear! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes happy birthday. And it looks delicious. I'll try it out some day.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your man! Ice cream pies and cakes are perfect for summer birthdays, aren't they? Yum! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! MY DAD NEEDS SUGAR FREE TREATS TOO SO I MUST TRY THIS!!! IF U LOVE IT THEN I KNOW I WILL TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum Yum :) thank you for sharing the love for your hubby and the recipe. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! My kids will love you for this one! I have some big ice cream fans in this house!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly