Monday, October 31, 2011

Crockpot Beans 'n' Kraut Stew

Some of you have been waiting for this recipe...

WAIT NO MORE!!

Oh I think you're gonna love this dish. 

(even if you're one of those people who thinks they don't like sauerkraut!)

It's very simple to put together and is deliciously wonderful.


A good friend, Joan, brought her crockpot full of this delectable dish to a recent Sunday School Class potluck.

Joan got there late because she had a plumbing problem, Everyone had finished eating, but still they all had to have some of Joan's stew because the first taste testers were raving!

This recipe is very similar to my own Kraut 'n' Beans recipe here at my blog.  This is just a little different with potatoes and pork and beans added. 

And since I had everything on hand, I made it a day later. 


CROCKPOT BEAN N KRAUT STEW

2 cups diced raw potatoes
2# sauerkraut, undrained
1# kielbasa, sliced or diced
1/4 c. water
1 - 15 ozs. can northern beans, slightly drained
1 - 15 ozs. can pork and beans, undrained
2 Tb. brown sugar
(or more if desired)

In 4 or 5 qt. crockpot, layer potatoes, sauerkraut, water, kielbasa, then beans. Sprinkle brown sugar over all.

Cover; cook on high for 3 - 4 hours, or until potatoes are done. Stir a few times during cooking.

DEEEE-LISH-OUS!!

(Trust me on this one Brandie=)

Linked to Gooseberry Patch Roundup - Octoberfest
Ingredient Spotlight
Meet Penny - Beans & Rice
Foodie Friends Friday
  Keep Calm & Cook On: Crockpot Recipes
Weekend Potluck 
Whatcha Crockin Wednesday 
Meal Plan Monday

4 comments :

  1. Ooh this looks good! I wonder if Ben would go for this... adding it to my November meal plan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good. I love anything in the crockpot and my whole family loves kraut as you can tell from my blog. I will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum, I am trying this one! We love kraut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully I can make this and freeze it....I am the only one that likes, loves sauerkraut. And yes, I would make this for myself. Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday. Now heading to Pinterest....

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly