Monday, November 21, 2011

Apple Crisp Pizza

This is such a great recipe.  It's simple, yet elegant and OH SO tasty!

It's simply apple crisp with a crunchy oatmeal topping on a pie crust!

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE???

I was excited when I found it at Life as a Lofthouse.
I've always been partial to my Simple Apple Crisp recipe, and this goes just one step further, making the simple into an elegant dessert.


Hubby and I enjoyed very large pieces of it at a time, and it didn't take long for the 2 of us to clean that pizza pan!

{Not all at once, mind you!}

I only had a little bit of caramel in the bottle, so I heated it a tad, then wished I had left it cold because it ran into a 'puddle'...which I guess is fine.  I would have liked for it to look more like a 'drizzle'.

Oh well - LIVE AND LEARN, right???


APPLE CRISP PIZZA

Pastry for single crust pie (9-inch)
2/3 c. sugar
3 Tb. all purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 medium gala apples, peeled and diced into 1/4" pieces
(use your favorite baking apple)

TOPPING:
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1/3 c. rolled oats
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
(I like to add a little bit of grated fresh nutmeg too)
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. caramel topping

Preheat oven to 350. Roll pastry to fit a 12" pizza pan; fold under or flute the edges.  Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in medium bowl.  Add peeled, diced apples and toss. Arrange the apples in a single layer over the pie crust to completely cover it.

Combine the first 5 topping ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over the apples.

Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until apples are tender.  Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into pizza slices and serve warm with ice cream.

Yield: 10 - 12 pieces
(or as hubby and I enjoyed...6 pieces!=)

Linked to Sweets for a Saturday
           Crazy Sweet Tuesday
             Ingredient Spotlight - Apples
Weekend Potluck
    GBP Roundup - Apples
Meal Plan Monday

5 comments :

  1. Apple crisp pizza??? This is definitely one that has to be tried. I am so glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! It's got a crust, so I'm in love. Plus it has a crumble, double love. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Crisp in a pizza? Who new? I love apple crisp, too, especially with caramel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love apple crisp, but this is a much more impressive way to serve it to my guests!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly