Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cheesey Broccoli Rice Casserole

What a yummy side dish this recipe is!

It's easy to put together and goes quickly.

A family favorite...one weekend when my brother and family were visiting from out of town, I made this dish 3 times so my niece could enjoy it...again and again. 

She couldn't get enough!  And she was a teenager!!!

Actually, I made it on top of the stove the 3rd time, so we didn't have to wait for it to bake.  *-*


BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE

1 small onion, chopped
1/2 c. chopped celery
1 (10 ozs) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 Tb. butter or margarine
1 (10-3/4 ozs) can condensed cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup, undiluted
6 ozs. Velveeta, diced
1 (5 ozs) can evaporated milk
3 c. cooked rice

Preheat oven to 325. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.  In large skillet over medium heat, saute onion, celery and broccoli in butter for 3 - 5 minutes.  Stir in soup, cheese, and milk; heat until smooth.  Add rice; stir until blended.  Pour into prepared pan.  Bake uncovered for 25 - 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. 

Yield: 6 - 8 servings

Check out this recipe from Blessed with Grace for a Broccoli Rice casserole - she uses no soup, and adds cream cheese.  I'm going to try that version very soon myself!

Linked to Foodie Friday
Mix it up Monday
Weekend Potluck

4 comments :

  1. I can see why she liked it....looks so creamy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a winner! Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for a recipe to make a broccoli cheese casserole like Piccadilly makes and I think this might just do it! I willl be trying it soon. Thanks for linking up with Foodie Friday. I am pinning this on Pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly