Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Easy Turkey Pot Pie

I'm happy to share that my recipe for Hot Cinnamon Milk Mix was featured last week at Foodie Friday.  If you haven't checked out that simple 4-ingredient recipe yet, you don't want to miss this opportunity to do that. I gave many pkgs. away for Christmas gifts and have received raves and requests for the recipe.


Trust you all enjoyed (& survived!!) your Christmas weekend.
Here's a great idea to use up some leftover turkey, or chicken...


Oh how I love pot pie - it's such comfort food for me.

This is an easy and delicious meal that can be made with turkey OR chicken.

I think it's always comforting for me to eat because when I was a kid, my mama would purchase frozen pot pies on sale for 5/$1 and we always loved them.

(It was one of the rare things mom bought from the store pre-made!)  She made everything from scratch otherwise.

I'm not sure they're still making the bottom crust in most store purchased pot pies...it's one of those ways they've 'cut corners',
but I sure do remember enjoying that crust.


This recipe has a 'pour on' top crust that is wonderful.  We rarely add salt to our dishes, but we do use a lot of pepper, so I like peppering the crust before baking. 

You can change up the kind of soup or use your favorite vegetables.
You can even add some shredded cheese if you prefer.

I added leftover 'ultimate' creamed corn from Thanskgiving and it added a creamy touch to this already tasty dish.

Any way you fix it - it'll be tasty for sure.

If your family is larger, just make a double batch and bake it in a
9" X 13" pan.

EASY TURKEY POT PIE

1 (10-3/4 ozs.) can cream of chicken soup
(regular or 98% fat free)
2 Tb. milk
1 (9 ozs) pkg. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
(about a heaping cup)
1 c. cooked turkey or chicken, cubed
onion salt to taste
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
1 c. all purpose baking mix
(like Bisquick)

Preheat oven to 400. Combine soup, 2 Tb. milk, veggies, turkey and onion salt; pour into greased 9" pie plate.  In small bowl, combine milk, egg and baking mix.  Pour over vegetable mixture and bake for 30 minutes; peppering crust if you'd like. May add any herbs to turkey mixture to spice it up to your liking.


4 comments :

  1. Great idea, adding your leftover creamed corn! Happy Tuesday, Mrs. Baker! :) We have 3 more get togethers this week, THEN it will quiet down a bit before school starts up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been asked to work tomorrow night (coworker's hubby in hospital), and I need to make something for my hubby to eat. Think that I will try this as I have cooked chicken in the freezer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made this!! And it is out of this world fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good recipes on your blog I could be here all night!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly