Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Butterscotch Apple Mousse {Sugar Free Options}

(Update on Hubby: My Sweetie is recovering remarkably well after his recent 4-wheeling accident on Sat., January 21st. It has been incredible to witness the transformation in his healing every single day since Day #2.  Thanks so much for your prayers as he continues to heal. It's quite amazing to think of how a 64-yr old diabetic can heal so quickly, but God continues to bless and answer prayers.  He is off his coumadin (blood thinner) for the month because of a small bleed in the brain. Thank you all so much for caring and praying.)

***********************

This recipe is similar to my Caramel Apple Salad, but THIS ONE HAS CHOCOLATE!!!

My good friend, Angie at A'lil Country Sugar, posted this before Thanksgiving.  She was thoughtfully thinking of 'our' figures!
*wink*

Did you know you can purchase sugar-free Reese's peanut butter cups?

WOWZERS!

And they're a yummy sugar free! It makes a delightful addition to this simple dish, and makes you feel pampered and spoiled to be enjoying chocolate.

This is a great combo of flavors.  Do hope you'll try it soon.
And only FIVE ingredients!  How can you beat it?


BUTTERSCOTCH APPLE MOUSSE

1 1/2 c. fat free milk (I used 1%)
1 pkg. (4-serv) (sugar free) butterscotch pudding
1 large apple, peeled and chopped (honey crisp or gala)
1 1/2 c. (fat free) cool whip
1 pkg. (sugar free) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
Mix milk and pudding in a mixing bowl for 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl and mix in chopped apple. Fold in whipped cream and top with chopped peanut butter cups.

Chill and then serve.

Linked to Fit & Fabulous Friday
Weekend Potluck

6 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing this recipe Marsha. I love this dessert! And yes you can keep the two S's (servings) in this dessert, because when you're eating it, you have no idea it's guilt-free....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really delicious. I'm glad to hear your husband is making such a speedy recovery. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad he is doing better. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gracious, hon. I am SO very sorry that I am just now reading about Ron's accident.

    My prayers are with Chloe and he, as well as the rest of your family, during the weeks to come. Miracles happen every day, don't they? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly