Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A.MA.ZING! 3 - 2 - 1 Microwave Cake

RECIPE ALERT!  RECIPE ALERT!

We interrupt this regularly-scheduled blog post  to 'announce' this incredible new recipe!!
*^*

I am just giddy with glee to share this with you today....

Individual mini cakes and they're ready in a minute!

WHAAATT????

(double size)

After a friend recently emailed this recipe to me, I just had to give it a try!

This is one of those F.U.N recipes!!  Perfect when you have a sweet tooth craving and it's very low in fat and calories to beat!!

Kid - friendly too....soo kid-friendly you can hardly believe it.

Take a box of angel food (1 - step) cake mix, pour it into a ziploc bag, then add a favorite box cake mix - your favorite flavor.
(I used Funfetti) Blend both together....measure out a portion, mix with water and pop in the microwave for a minute!!!

CAN WE EVEN IMAGINE???

All you have to remember is 3 TB. mix, 2 TB. water - 1 minute in microwave!

I tried doubling the recipe in one mug and it was still done in a minute.  


I drizzled a little powdered sugar glaze over top....

The mix...the mug...the cake

The possibilities are endless...try different cake mixes..carrot, lemon, strawberry, red velvet, chocolate.  Just remember one of the mixes has to be an angel food cake (1-step, not 2).

 When you mix with water, it will 'foam' up like the angel food cake...the end result has the texture of angel food cake with the cake flavor...amazing!!!

Here's the directions that even a kid can do!
3-2-1 Microwave Cake

1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
1 box Cake Mix - Any Flavor
2 Tbsp Water
Makes 1 serving.

In a ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together and mix well. For each individual cake serving, measure 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe container (I used a rounded bottom coffee mug - ungreased). Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have your own instant individual little cake!

Keep remaining cake mixture stored in the ziploc bag and use whenever you feel like a treat! You can top each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and/or some fresh fruit.

ENJOY EVERY FUN AND TASTY BITE!!

The Country Homemaker Hop
Weekend Potluck
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Mrs. Fox's Sweet Party
Crazy Sweet Tuesday

mop it up mondays

Mixitup

14 comments :

  1. One more reason to love my microwave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this recipe first on pinterest and loved it. I have been passing it on to all my friends. Works great for that 3pm tea time.
    I have been using chocolate cake and angel food. Melt milk chocolate chips on top for frosting.
    Sherry Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these little things! You can use just any old cake mix too without the angel food cake....I'll have to try your recipe also to see what the texture is like! Pop on by to see how to use just cake mix only....it's about the same recipe =]

    http://nannamanna-moxie.blogspot.com/2008/09/myo-warm-delights.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before we know it, it will be strawberry season....this is perfect for those fresh strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fast and easy. What a great idea. My Mom has a cake baby recipe like this one that she adds chocolate chips and cocoa powder to. It's divine. Please consider sharing this recipe on The Country Homemaker Hop here-
    http://whitewolfsummitfarmgirl.blogspot.com/2012/02/country-homemaker-hop-week-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gracious... I saw this recipe on Pinterest (which I am so hooked on...LOL) and I was wanting to try it... now seeing your pictures...it's a done deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Now, to find a microwave! LOL :) Wonder if it'd work in my toaster oven?
    Thanks for sharing at Weekend Potluck!
    Hugs, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that is awesome! I'm always feeling like a slice of cake. Now I can have one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What!? I have never heard of this. Love how easy this is. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for posting a comment on my no-bake oat bars at Double the Decor! I'm your newest follower... and I'm sure I'll be trying lots of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no. This is dangerous!!!! I've seen the recipe for Chocolate Mug Cake, but I've tried variations of the recipes I've found and it always turns out gross.

    Question: Where do you find an Angel Food Cake mix? I looked at Walmart last night, but didn't find any. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to try this one! My Mom & sister are coming to visit & they both LOVE angel food cake. This would be a fun treat for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried this last night with Betty Crocker Angel Food and Pillsbury Funfetti, but I doubled the recipe (6 Tbsp of mix, 4 Tbsp water, and 1 minute in the microwave) since I wasn't looking for a "healthy" sweet snack. The sweet taste of the Funfetti cake was definitely lost in the Angel Food mix, so I grabbed a can of vanilla frosting and spread about a teaspoon on. The melting frosting made it so delicious, and was the saving grace of the Funfetti.

    I also made one with Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake. I sprinkled Tollhouse MINI semi-sweet chocolate morsels (regular size would have overpowered the cake), and WOW, was THAT good!! It blew the Funfetti project completely out of the water.

    My sweet-toothed fiance lives in an Air Force dorm 4600 miles away. With only a microwave, this gem of a dessert is going to make him so happy! I'll be sending a sampling of both mixes to him in a care package. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am facinate with microwaves. I just got friend of this technology last year when living in an Argentina Apartments whit no oven I had to learn how to use the microwave correctly and now I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly