Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crockpot Cheesey Chicken Spaghetti


This is a wonderfully tasty dish that I found in the "Half my size" cookbook...



When I'm really working on counting Weight Watchers points, this is my 'go to' book as it gives points, or at least nutritional values, so you can figure them.


You can see this recipe online here and there's also information for purchasing the book if you'd like.  It's been an invaluable tool for me.

I've never been disappointed with any of the recipes either...

No, not one!

Your family won't be able to guess it's a healthy meal. Use whole wheat spaghetti or your family's favorite...shell, macaroni, penne, etc.

This recipe makes 12 - 1 cup servings too.  With only 2 of us eating here, I cut the recipe in half and used the leftover soup and tomatoes to create something else. That wasn't at all hard to do, since those ingredients are something I use a lot of.

You could also sneak in some broccoli or even peas and carrots (though your points would change up) but that wonderful cheesey-ness would make the veggies more delectable.

We enjoyed this with some garlic bread that I made with hot dog buns from the freezer.  I just spread each half with a little "Smart Balance" butter spread and sprinkled with garlic powder...then topped it with shredded mozzarella and baked in the toaster oven until brown.

MMM!  A delicious and filling meal!


CROCKPOT CHEESEY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI

16 oz. dry spaghetti, cooked, but not overdone
1 lb. Velveeta 2% cheese (or 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese) 
12.5 oz. can chicken breast, drained and flaked
(I cooked my own)
10 3/4 oz. can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
10 3/4 oz. can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
4 oz. can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1/2 cup water
1 sm. onion, diced
1 med. green pepper, diced, optional
salt & pepper, to taste

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir to mix well.
Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours. Stir again just before serving.
Nutrition Information:















4 comments :

  1. That looks really really good....I'm going to have to dig out my crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumyum! great recipe. I need to wander over here more frequently :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a great, easy meal. I'm going to try this soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this kid-friendly recipe! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly