Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Delight



Oh this is such an easy and delicious dessert. Your family will love you for making it and guests will be impressed! 

It's a wonderful dessert to make for a potluck or shower...anytime really!

This is a family favorite and I always have everything on hand to make it, though I'm sure my family would tell you I don't make it often enough.

Combining peanut butter and chocolate! How can you go wrong?

I use lighter ingredients and no one can guess.

It's DE-LISH!

It can be made a day ahead too, and I love that option. It's delicious 3 or 4 days after it's made...if you still have some left by then.

My hubby prefers a graham cracker crust rather than the flour/margarine crust.


PEANUT BUTTER DELIGHT

1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. margarine
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. peanut butter
1-8 ozs. pkg. 1/3 (reduced fat) cream cheese
1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
(I reduce that amount a little and use part Xylitol and powdered sugar)
2 - 3 ozs. boxes instant (sugar free) chocolate pudding
3. c. 2% milk
1 - 8 ozs. tub (Lite) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Preheat oven to 350. Blend flour, margarine and vanilla; press into 9" X 13" X 2" baking dish.  Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.  Cool to room temp. Cream together peanut butter and cream cheese.  Blend in powdered sugar. Beat for 3 minutes; then blend in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread over crust.

Blend pudding and milk; let stand 5 minutes to thicken; pour over cream cheese layer, then spread remaining whipped topping over top. (I spoon tablespoonsful all over the top, then spread evenly.)

You may sprinkle top with nuts or chocolate chips.  Cover; refrigerate atleast 3 hours before serving.

Yield: 12 - 15 servings

9 comments :

  1. This looks delicious! I'd love it with either crust, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heavens! This look divine, Marsha! Thanks for linking up this week. Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks like the kind of thing I would get addictied to...you know, the kind of dessert you sneak bites with a fork straight from the pan when nobody is in the kitchen to see you? lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Whimper* This would not last long in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW, this looks amazing! I think I'd like the Graham crust with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - peanut butter and chocolate is my absolute favorite combo!! Love this dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how light this dessert looks; not overly rich, like I could eat a whole pan full!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite combination! Thanks for sharing this!

    Im pinning to my Dessert board to make soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like another winner! Thanks for linking up at the Tried and True Party! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/05/tried-and-true-recipes-11.html

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly