Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ranch Mexican Dip {4-ingredients}


This is a simple and delicious snack I made while we were recently out of town with special TX friends for a few days.

(We spent 4 glorious day together on the Lake of the Ozarks in a beautiful cabin owned by a friend who allows us to get some
R & R..NO tv or internet, and VERY restful!)

Before realizing I had made this dip, they told me they didn't care for sour cream, so I didn't offer this right away, but once they tasted it, they loved it.  I sent the recipe home with her! 

I saw this at Pinterest, but when I went back to print the recipe again I couldn't find it, so this is the best I can do.

Sorry - not sure where it was found, but I imagine it's all over the internet.

You can throw it together, chill, and have it ready to serve in a couple of hours.

It's a great 'go-to' recipe when you need something quick.  I always have these simple ingredients on hand.

Feel free to add shredded cheese if you'd like. 


RANCH MEXICAN DIP

2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 can rotel tomatoes (with chilies), well drained
1 oz. dry ranch dressing
( I added a little more because we really like ranch)
Fresh vegetables, crackers or chips

Mix sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
Stir in tomatoes and ranch dressing. Blend until combined.
Chill atleast 2 hours before serving. Can be made a day ahead.
Weekend Potluck

7 comments :

  1. Oh, I bet this would help the veggies go down. I think I am going to have to make some and see. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing these recipes! Love looking through all the blogs and new recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious Marsha! I love simple recipes... Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinned to try! I bet it'll be a hit at our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Ranch Mexican Dip sounds SO good! I love anything with cream cheese! Thanks! :)
    ~Joy @ Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly