Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Banana Pudding Supreme (Very low sugar Option)

My daughter's wonderful mother-in-love (sounds better than in-law, don't ya think?) has shared this favorite of her son's. 

This is one wonderful dessert...and you don't even have to heat up the kitchen!!!  Your family will be asking for MORE PLEASE!

I was able to use my "Almost-Sugar-Free" Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe. 

Since Greg, my sil, is diabetic, and my hubby is too...we all felt pretty spoiled to enjoy this wonderful dish...knowing it had very little sugar in it. 

The condensed milk should be made a day ahead and allowed to chill in the fridge overnight, so it can thicken. 

If you don't think you'll eat it gone the first day, I suggest you dip the banana pieces in lemon or pineapple juice to keep them from browning. 

When I made it for our last family dinner with our kids, dil Kym, put some on her plate...took a taste before she left the kitchen and had to have more before she sat down to eat! That's sorta how we all felt about it. 

My daughter, Deb, has also used 1 small box of vanilla pudding and 1 small box of banana pudding, instead of the large size...and added no bananas, so do whatever turns your crank....or peels your banana...or whatever.  *-* 



BANANA PUDDING SUPREME 

1 - 8 ozs. (light) cream cheese 
1 - 14 ozs. can (low or fat free is fine) sweetened condensed milk
(My 'homemade' nearly-sugar-free recipe is here)
2 c. milk (I used 1%)
1 lg. box (8 serv. size) (sugar free) instant vanilla pudding mix
(or one sm. vanilla and one sm. banana) 
1 (8 ozs.) tub of (Lite) Cool Whip, thawed
5 large bananas, sliced
1 - 12 ozs. box vanilla wafers


In large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth; stir in sweetened condensed milk, pudding mix and milk. Blend well; fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip.



Place vanilla wafers in bottom of 3 qt. dish (a flat-bottomed glass bowl or small trifle bowl would be nice to use too) to cover bottom; top with layer of pudding, bananas, and then another layer of vanilla wafers until you've used all your ingredients. Top with Cool Whip.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. (I added slightly crushed vanilla wafers to top it off) 



Yield: 10 - 12 servings 


Linked at Fit & Fabulous Friday
  Mix it up Monday
        Ingredient Spotlight - SCMilk
          Ingredient Spotlight - Whipped Topping
Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday


7 comments :

  1. The banana pudding looks superb. It's great to keep a recipe as such on hand, especially since we all know a diabetic. Great to know I can have a dinner party and all guests will be able to enjoy dessert! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds GOOD! And I love all the sugar-free options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to give my dad this sugar free recipe. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving all your pics lately! They look great :) And I am lovin' this banana pudding. Looks sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a favorite dessert from childhood! This look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Hubby LOVES Banana Pudding! It is such a easy dessert to make and it is always devoured. I WILL be making the Sugar Free option soon! Thanks for sharing Marsha!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly