Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Skinny Oreo Shake

In the hot summertime, I'm always looking for a cooling sweet treat.  I often turn to smoothies. 

This is an easy and refreshing shake to throw together quickly. 

I was so happy to find it at the Newlyweds blog.

This has the robost flavor of a full fat drink, but with fewer calories and fat.  How can ya beat it???

IN THE BLENDER!

You can be enjoying it within minutes. And think of all the varieties you can make..using different pudding flavors, extracts, or even cookies if you prefer.

In my humble opinion...NOTHING beats an Oreo!

Enjoy this simple, delightful and delicious drink!


SKINNY OREO SHAKE 
1 c. 1% milk
2-1/2 reduced-fat Oreo cookies
1 Tb. Oreo dry pudding mix
(I used sugar free cheesecake that I had on hand)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 c. ice cubes
(that was too many for me...I ended up adding more milk)
1 - 2 Tb. Reddi Whip topping

Add all the ingredients to your blender.  Blend on high until smooth.  Serve at once. Top with Reddi Whip and a crushed cookie.

Yield: 2 - 1 c. servings 

(1 serving = 150 calories, 5 gr. fat, 23 gr. carbs, 1 gr. fiber, 197 mg sodium, 17 gr. sugar)
The nutritional values are as stated at the Newlyweds blog post
per 'original' recipe

Linked to Weekend Potluck
Fit & Fabulous Friday
Mix it up Monday

8 comments :

  1. I may just treat everyone in the family with one of these. Everyone loves Oreos....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m am so craving this Oreo shake! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. check this out!
    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/07/wowbloggy-friends-know-how-to-make-your.html

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Oreos, yum. And it's skinny, so it's practically healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oreo is our favorite. This looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Oreos and so do the kids! I can't wait to try this...thanks for sharing Marsha :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly