Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Patriotic Cookie Dough Dessert Pizza

From my archives...

I know our patriotic holidays are behind us, but I wanted to share this lovely dessert that is good all year long...especially in the summertime. You can use fresh fruit and it's so atttractive! 

I made this for our July 4th celebration at our son's and came home without a crumb. 

And if you're like me...a PROUD AMERICAN...the good ole Red, White & Blue is 'appropriate' any time of year!!

After seeing Becca from Crumbs and Chaos linked this recipe up at a recent Weekend Potluck....I knew I'd HAVE to make it.  

It isn't as quick as some of the recipes I make, but it was delicious.....lest we forget 'beautiful' as well. 
Good enough to 'salute'....*-* 

It has eggless cookie dough dropped over the top, which gives it a special spin on other dessert pizzas. 

The only thing I changed was 'Red, White & Blue' in the title to 'Patriotic'. 

PATRIOTIC COOKIE DOUGH DESSERT PIZZA 

CRUST:

1/3 c. butter, room temperature
1/2 c. sugar (I used xylitol)
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 c. flour, plus more for rolling if needed
(I patted it free form on a pan and only floured my fingers)
1 tsp. baking powder


SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH:

1/4 c. butter, room temperature

1/4 c. sugar (or xylitol)

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/8 tsp. salt

3/4 c. flour

1 Tb. milk or cream



SAUCE: 

2 Tb. cream cheese

1/4 c. heavy cream 

(I substituted about a cup of whipped topping)

1 Tb. sugar 

(no sugar needed if using whipped topping)



TOPPINGS: 


Fresh Blueberries
Fresh Raspberries or Strawberries
1/3 c. white chocolate chips 

Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350°. Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Stir in flour and baking powder. If it's too crumbly, use your hands to knead it together a few times. Form an 11 inch circle on a parchment paper lined baking stone or pizza pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.

Make the cookie dough: Combine all cookie dough ingredients in a medium size bowl. Set aside.

Make the sauce: In a mixing bowl, whip together cream cheese, heavy cream and sugar until peaks form.

Assemble pizza: Spread sauce over cooled crust. Top with berries, white chocolate chips and chunks of cookie dough. Cut into wedges and serve.

AND JUST FOR SOMETHING FUN ON THE 4TH...

I froze blue gatorade and red hawaiian punch into ice cubes and added them to diet 7-up - my family was surprised and loved it! 

The red began melting before I got the picture, but it gives you an idea....


7 comments :

  1. Love the cookie dough pizza and the idea of iced Gatorade. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really yummy and so festive! I can see why you came home without any leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful...beautiful Marsha! Been wanting to make this myself! Love the red white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute ideas .... I can definitely see my boys helping make and consume this year-round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This looks so good, Marsha! I love your photo collage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I love the drink idea too...the kids love fun drinks like that. Thanks for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly