Monday, July 30, 2012

No-Bake Peanut Butter Nutella Bars



Here's another fabulous no-bake treat I wanted to be sure to share before school starts in most places. 

I was just so excited when I saw it at Sweet Pea's Kitchen.  She has awesome photos and super recipes there.  My hubby has always called our daughter "Sweet Pea"...so I'm pretty partial to this blog.  *-*

As far as I'm concerned, there's no better combination than peanut butter and chocolate...UNLESS YOU ADD NUTELLA TO THE MIX!! 

This would make a great lunch treat or after school snack. 

It's simple and I love that it uses ingredients I normally have on hand. 

If you love Nutella (and who doesn't?  If you don't...I have to feel sorry for you=( ...I love eating it by the spoonsful!)


I'm drooling just looking at this photo again...


PEANUT BUTTER NUTELLA BARS 

1/2 c. unsalted butter
1 - 1/2 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. smooth peanut butter
1/4 c. Nutella (hazelnut spread)
3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c. chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
1/4 c. peanut butter chips
2 TB. Nutella 

Butter bottom and sides of an 8" X 8" square pan. Place a long sheet of parchment paper in the bottom, letting the paper extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. 
(This will make it easier to remove the bars from the pan later). 

Melt 1/2 c. butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar stirring until smooth. Stir in peanut butter, Nutella and graham cracker crumbs until completely combined and smooth. Spread the peanut butter mixture into prepared pan and smooth top.

In the now-empty saucepan, melt chocolate, peanut butter chips and nutella until almost completely melted.  Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted and smooth.  Pour over peanut butter layer and smooth into even layer.

Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour to set (I know...I know...it's tough to wait...trust me, it's gonna be worth it!) Remove from the pan using the parchment overhangs and place on a cutting board.  Use a pizza cutter to slice into 16 bars.   Store in airtight container in the refrigerator. 


16 comments :

  1. I love PB and Nutella, so these bars have name all over them. Plus, they are no bake, so I'll stay,cool, calm, and collected, while I make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love PB and Nutella, so these bars have name all over them. Plus, they are no bake, so I'll stay,cool, calm, and collected, while I make them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DELISH, Marsha!!! Cannot wait to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peanut butter and Nutella so this one's right up my alley! Your site is great with a lot of yummy recipes- I just joined!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look delicious, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm! Love that combo! Good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are making my mouth water! I love peanut butter and nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sweet Pea's Kitchen. I often go there for inspiration, and sometimes I just go there to look at her gorgeous pictures.....and drool!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart Nutella and now I think I heart these bars just as much!!! These sound amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO delicious! I think I could eat these all day. Nutella and peanut butter are SO awesome together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make a peanut butter bar recipe for Christmas treats, but I'm definitely trying this recipe for Christmas this year!! Sounds delicious!! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I make a peanut butter bar recipe for Christmas treats, but I'm definitely trying this recipe for Christmas this year!! Sounds delicious!! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! YUM! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo yum! I just pinned this! I'm visiting from Michelle's Tasty Creations and love finding new blogs like yours. I'm following via GFC and added your buttons to my link page. :-) Thanks for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marsha,
    These bars look delicious! You are one of my most views this week at Tasty Creations bi-weekly party and you're going to be featured today :) Hope to see you there.
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly