Wednesday, August 8, 2012

HUNGRY GIRL'S Mocha Happy Frappe Light


♫♫"FRAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN"♫♫

(Wish I could say I came up with that one, but I took it from the Hungry Girl website...too cute to pass up!) 

I am so in love with cooling, refreshing smoothies and coffee drinks in the good ole summertime! 

AS IF YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW THAT!!!  =) 

So I couldn't pass up trying this delightful combo of chocolate and coffee.  I'm always HAPPY to see recipes like this from Hungry Girl

I had everything on hand so it was a definite GO and awesome way to begin my day!

Try it - you won't be disappointed! 



MOCHA HAPPY FRAPPE LIGHT 
(Makes 1 serving) 

1 pkg. hot cocoa mix with 20-25 calories
(Swiss Miss or Nestle Fat Free) 
1 Tb. fat free nondairy powdered creamer 
2 no-calorie sweetener packets 
(like  Truvia or Splenda)
1 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
(My homemade sugar free recipe found here)
1 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/2 c. light vanilla soymilk
(I used skim)
1-1/2 c. crushed ice (or 8 - 12 ice cubes)
1/4 c. Fat Free Reddi-whip
2 tsp. light chocolate syrup

In large bowl or mug, combine cocoa mix, powdered creamer, sweetener, chocolate chips and coffee granules.  Add 1/4 c. very hot water; stir until mostly dissolved.

Transfer mixture to a blender.  Add milk and ice; blend at high speed until smooth.

Pour into large glass and top with Reddi-Whip and chocolate syrup.

Enjoy!! 


WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS: 3 

(Following Hungry Girls directions: 1 serving = 143 calories; 2 gr. fat; 24 grams carbs; 1.5 gr. fiber; 4.5 gr. protein)

Linked to Weekend Potluck
Fit & Fabulous Fridays
Foodie Friends Friday
Melt in your mouth Monday
Recipe Sharing Monday
Whatcha Whipped up Wednesday
Thursdays Treasures