Friday, March 2, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Bars/Chips (Gluten & Sugar Free)

I am so tickled to have discovered this recipe.  I've been making my own sugar free chocolate chips and they are wonderful!!!!

This recipe is also entitled "3 Ingredient Bars".

It doesn't get much easier than that!

Chocolate Covered Katie is an amazing and creative genius.  I love her healthy and easy recipes! This is just one of many of her specialities that I love!



And I do make this one often!

She also sucks you in with fabulous photos of all her creations.

I'm always blown away by HOW many comments she gets for one post!  HUNDREDS!  WOW!!

She's all about using natural ingredients and works hard to suit folks dietary needs.  Please pay her a visit - you won't be sorry. Many of her recipes are quick and no-bake!

These are much tastier, thriftier, AND healthier than the store-purchased sugar-free chocolate chips.

Once these 'puppies' are hardened, you can also melt the bars again for chocolate sauce.
These are so simple to make, they nearly make themselves!


HOT CHOCOLATE BARS

4 TB. natural coconut oil, melted
1/4 c. agave nectar or 20 drops vanilla stevia
(add more if you like it real sweet, but that seems to be
enough to suit me)
1/2 c. plus 1 TB. cocoa powder
extracts, cocoa nibs, or other add-ins, optional

Mix agave or stevia drops with coconut oil. (add 3-4 TB. water or nondairy milk if using stevia.). Stir! And stir some more! Stir until it gets thick. Pour into any flat container. (I always spray the pan first). Refrigerate until solid; cut into chunks or bars.
If you make a double batch, a 6" X 10" pan gives you a thin layer...
If you want thicker bars, use a smaller pan.
 
Linked to Fit & Fabulous Friday



3 comments :

  1. I love Chocolate covered Katie, too Marsha! I hadn't seen this recipe, though, so I am so glad you shared! I gave up sugar for Lent and I'm going crazy for some chocolate!!! Now I can make some...thank you so much for posting this keeper!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo..these sound amazing and once I gather the ingredients, I will make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posted a link to this on my facebook page! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly