Thursday, September 20, 2012

Double Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies

YA'LL KNOW I'M A COOKIE MONSTER! 

I love me some crunch...and some chocolate too. 

This is a wonderfully yummy cookie and since it's made with a cake mix, it's great for making when you're in a rush...like if your child tells you that you're suppose to furnish treats for the next day? Or for a bake sale?

Grab your cake mix from the pantry and you'll have cookies in no time. 


Couldn't resist trying this simple recipe after seeing it at Eat at Home
I am wild about Tiffany's easy recipes and this one did not disappoint. 
Please stop by and tell her I said hello. I really love participating in her linky party on Wednesdays when she does "Ingredient Spotlight". 

These tasty treats are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. 

If you're not fond of coconut, then add what you prefer - nuts, peanut butter or butterscotch chips and your favorite extract to compliment whatever you want...or just add vanilla extract. 


DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE MIX 

1 - 18 ozs. box devil's food cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. coconut extract
1/3 c. shredded coconut (or more to taste)
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
chopped nuts, optional 

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, mix cake mix, butter, eggs and coconut extract until blended. Add coconut and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping teaspoonsful onto baking stone or cookie sheet.  Bake 8 - 10 minutes. Remove to rack to cool. 

(Sorry - I forgot to record how many this makes, but I think it was about 
3 dozen)

Linked to Weekend Potluck
              Foodie Friends Friday
         Mop it up Monday
         Mix it up Monday

6 comments :

  1. Yummy deliciousness, Marsha, and easy, too. My one son's favorite cookie is made with devil's food cake mix. This is a different spin on those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love easy recipes like this! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look AMAZING!!! I love that you added coconut to it!!! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and simple recipe - I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly