Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Easy Taco Pie


This is a deliciously simple recipe that I just love! It's quick, very tasty, and I love MEXICAN the best! It's another awesome recipe found at 4 little Fergusons.
That Tonya tends to feed me well.  {heehee}


EASY TACO PIE 

1 - 8 ozs. can crescent rolls
1 lb. (lean) ground beef
1 - 1 oz. package taco seasoning
3 c. Doritos, crushed, divided 
1 c. sour cream
1-½ c. shredded Mexican cheese
(we love 2% fiesta blend)

Preheat oven to 375F.
Set out crescent rolls..
(so they'll spread out easier)
Brown hamburger on the stove with taco seasoning. Cook over medium high heat until the meat is browned.  Drain any grease.
Spread crescent rolls in a pie plate to form a crust, covering the bottom of the dish and going up the sides with the dough. (place roll points in middle and flat edges toward the outside). Place a layer of crushed Doritos as the bottom layer, adding them until the crescent dough is nicely covered (make sure to reserve some for the top layer). Add all of the meat, then layer on sour cream and  cheese. Top with more crushed Doritos. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Let set for 5 minutes before cutting.
Serves 8.
Reheats best in the oven on a stone or in the pie plate 

Linked to Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday
         Wonderful Food Wednesday
Foodie Friends Friday
Weekend Potluck

8 comments :

  1. I'm putting this on my menu for next week! I'm a sucker for crescent dough AND doritos!!! I know this will be a hit with my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful AND easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...I can almost smell that right now! It looks pretty, too, with the crushed chips on top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes this is TOTALLY a family favorite! :) Thanks for sharing! Mmm mm good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds super yummy, Marsha! I wanted to comment earlier, but I couldn't find the comment link. Checked again and there it is!! Happy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never met a Taco Pie that I didn't like! This looks like a keeper! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this Taco Pie for our Cinco de Mayo linky party at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly