Sunday, October 14, 2012

Easy Homemade Caramel Dip

Oh my word - I could eat this til I couldn't walk!

I love chocolate, but I also love caramel.  

I think most everyone looks for a tasty caramel dip this time of year. 
This is a thick caramel that has no problem staying on top of apples when you're dipping into this yummy treat. 

Four simple ingredients - a few minutes, and you are ready to rumba...and will be enjoying some amazing caramel. It really is as simple as 1 - 2 - 3 - 4! 

When I saw this recipe at my good buddy Lark's blog Lark's Country Heart I had no doubt I would be making it soon...and enjoying it too. I was not disappointed in the least. Please stop by and tell her I said hello. She shares amazing creations and feeds a lot of folks, virtually and in real life too.  *-* 

This is great on ice cream too - MMMM good!


EASY HOMEMADE CARAMEL DIP 

1 C. brown Sugar
1 stick Butter
1/2 C. light corn syrup
1 -14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk 
(if you'd like to cut back on the sugar amount, click here for the recipe for my homemade Sweetened condensed milk made with xylitol or splenda...it does have to set overnight)

Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat.  Stir constantly,
until all the butter has melted and the brown sugar has dissolved. 
Boil for 2 minutes.

(I'm sure you could cook this in the microwave, but I have no directions to share...you'll have to do it at your own risk...but I would make sure I keep stirring it about every 30 seconds) 

That's it.  Let it cool to room temp and enjoy with apples or pretzels. 
It sets up more when it's refrigerated, so I just heat it up for about 30 seconds and it's ready to be enjoyed. 
Serve with sliced Fruit, or as a
Delicious as an Ice Cream topping.... Store in refrigerator up to 4 weeks.

Linked to

7 comments :

  1. I am so glad you loved it as much as my family did. And thank you so much for ALWAYS dropping by and saying such sweet comments on my Blog posts.
    You TRULY are a Special Friend. And I cant thank the Lord enough for bringing you into my life! (as well as my Family!) I love you Pretty Lady! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gish! I could eat your dip on everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect time of year for homemade caramel dip! I just tried some last week, too. My measurements are slightly different, http://mybiscuitsareburning.blogspot.com/2012/10/homemade-caramel-dip.html

    Homemade is definitely the best! Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by and sharing your recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I'm hooked: Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly