Monday, October 8, 2012

{Slow Cooker} Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal

This is such a great way to begin your day...or end it too.  I love oatmeal any time of day!

For me, it was the perfect sweet-ness and spicy-ness I love. 

This is another one of Tiffany's recipes found at Eat at Home.
I think we must share taste buds. *-*

My oatmeal was done in about 4 hours...and to be honest, I cooked it the night 
before, then warmed it in the microwave for breakfast. 

(I'm determined to get a timer to plug my crockpot into so I can regulate when it comes on and goes off).   Just haven't done it yet, but I will. 

I used old-fashioned oats instead of steel cut...no doubt, steel cut
would have to cook longer to be the right consistency.  I just didn't add all the liquid using old-fashioned oats. 

This is awesome and I do hope you'll try it soon.  It is such a wonderful fall treat. 
Don't be surprised if your neighbors pop in for breakfast after smelling your breakfast cooking.  IT'S THAT GOOD! 


{SLOW COOKER} PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL 

1 c. steel cut oats 
3 c. water
1/2 c. brown sugar
(I used 1/4 c. brown sugar splenda)
1 - 12 ozs. evaporated (skim) milk
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg 

Spray the inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.

In large bowl, stir all ingredients together. Pour into slow cooker.

Cook on low for 4 - 5 hours, or overnight. (I would suggest adding more liquid if you're going to cook it all night long).  I place paper towels over the top of the crock, under the lid, to catch the moisture. 

Serve with extra milk if desired. 

Linked to Trick or Treat Tuesday
           Slow Cooker Thursday
             Back to School Recipe Roundup
         Whatcha Crockin Wednesday 


5 comments :

  1. This looks so scrumptious! I love oatmeal made in the slow cooker now...thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds delish! love the color from the pumpkin, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big oatmeal and pumpkin fan! This looks great Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha, I think you and I are both on a pumpkin kick!! I can't wait to make this yummy breakfast treat. It just so happens I have some leftover pumpkin in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this would make a fantastic breakfast! I love pumpkin in my oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly