Friday, February 22, 2013

Pepperoni Pizza Puff



This is a simple and easy 'throw together' recipe given to me by my dear friend Kristal. 

This woman hosts her 4 children and their families EVERY Sunday after church - I sure admire the closeness they share!  Her grandkids just adore their GRAMMY. 
(But then, so do I=) 

She knows a good dish when she sees (& tastes!) one...
I'm sooo fond of recipes with 5 ingredients or fewer...this only has
FOUR! 

I think this would be super to feed your grandkids or any teenagers. 

When I served it to friends, the man remarked "That's sort of like monkey bread".

I said "Yes, yes, it is".  

Why even your (older) kids could make it for themselves! 
(it does require a knife for cutting)

I cut the pepperoni in half, layed it on a paper towel and put it in the microwave for a minute to draw out some of the grease. 

Other than that - it's just mix and bake....I love recipes like this!

This recipe makes a 9" X 13" panfull...I easily cut it in half. 

Be creative...substitute browned burger, sausage or ham if your family doesn't care for pepperoni...add Italian seasonings, or mushrooms....



PEPPERONI PIZZA PUFF 


4 cans (7.5 ozs each) buttermilk biscuits, cut into 1/6's 
1 - 5 ozs. bag pepperoni slices
1 - 15 ozs. pizza sauce
1 - 8 ozs. pkg. shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350. 

Mix everything together and place in a greased 9" X 13" baking dish. 

Bake uncovered for 25 - 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. 


How can you beat that for easy??? 

Linked to Weekend Potluck

2 comments :

  1. My kids love this dish. We call it 'Bubble Up Pizza'! It was just on the menu this week!

    ReplyDelete

  2. This recipe looks great! =)

    Pinning to my Appetizers board on Pinterest.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly