Thursday, February 21, 2013

Guest Post: The Country Cook - Banana Pudding Poke Cake

I'm so tickled to share a guest post with you all today!  

My good buddy and co-host of Weekend Potluck, Brandie....
AKA, The Country Cook...
has agreed to let me share one of her amazing recipes with you.

We all know about the "Cake Boss" on tv...I love to tease Brandie she's the
"Cake Queen" of Blogland.  She has lots of special poke cake recipes at her blog and shares every day, simple down-home cooking.  

One the things I love most about this special woman is that she's real!  She is not pretentious at all. 

What you see is what you get...and look at that beautiful face would ya?  

We hope to meet face to face one day and I can hardly wait!

I love this gal and am pleased as punch to share one of her favorite dishes with you today..

Take it away Bran....


I live in the beautiful mountains of Southwest Virginia and publish TheCountryCook.net, a website dedicated to classic American and family favorites. 
I love Puddin' Poke Cakes, Potatoes, Pot Pies and Peach Cobbler 
(say that three times fast!). 

I am also a working Momma who understands the challenges of today’s busy families and shares many recipes that are quick and easy to prepare so families have more time to enjoy each other (and a tasty meal) together at the supper table. 


Now click on the link below (above the photo) and go to her blog for a lovely step by step presentation of this yummy Banana Pudding Poke Cake...she shares tutorials for all of her dishes.  Spend some time looking around there....you'll be so happy you did.  I love how she has photos on both sidebars...SO inviting!


Doesn't that look fantastic? I love that she only adds bananas when serving. 
This is one of her own creations. 




Thanks for coming over to my side of Blogland Brandie....love you Girl! 

These are just a few of Brandie's recipes that I've made and shared too...

Easy Cheese Danishes  - absolutely a favorite! 
Strawberry Shortcake Cake  - what a fun summer treat.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies  - I love the simplicity of a biscuit crust. 

5 comments :

  1. That is such a great cake idea! Heading over to check it out. I love banana pudding and I love cake so hey, combining the two means instant love for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guest post! Love The Better Baker AND Brandi the Country Cook! The Banana Pudding Poke Cake looks fantastic and has been PINNED! :)

    Thank you! ~ Joy @ Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this banana pudding! look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Brandie's recipes. I could eat this cake all the day long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss when you posted this?? SO sorry I'm behind the ball on this one. Thank you for the sweetest intro. ever. You know I love ya to the moon and back!! ((HUGS)) ~Bran

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly