Sunday, March 10, 2013

Candy Bar *Caramel* Apple Salad {Sugar Free Option}

HAPPY 45TH ANNIVERSARY TO MY PRECIOUS HUSBAND! 
It's hard to imagine I could love him more than the day I married him, but our 
love has grown and grown. Life has brought many changes, but one
thing hasn't ever changed and I will be forever grateful....
Our Love remains constant and strong and I am blessed to be called
MRS. RONALD BAKER. 
MUAH! to my Sugarbear. 

3/10/2013
3/10/1968 

Because my Sweetie is diabetic, I'm honoring him with this Sugar Free dish today! 

And these are the bacon roses I made for him...recipe forthcoming...=)



I was excited to find this recipe linked up at Weekend Potluck a few months ago from Everyday Mom's Meals. Krista is a no nonsense woman in the kitchen and I always love the simplicity and goodness of her easy recipes. I make many of them because they are simple and delicious..and deliciously simple.  Please stop over and check out her yummy dishes...and please tell her hello from me. 

I have made a similar recipe to this one, but haven't added the candy before.  This time I used sugar free butterscotch pudding and sugar free peanut butter cups.  It was more like a caramel apple salad with sf chocolate!  I adapted this to suit our taste buds.  I'm always happy when I can make something sugar free and no one else has a clue that it is! 

This quick-to-make salad is great as a side dish or even dessert. 


CANDY BAR *CARAMEL* APPLE SALAD 

1 (.3 ozs) box (sugar free) french vanilla instant pudding 
(Or use butterscotch for more of a caramel flavor)
3/4 c. milk
1-1/2 c. whipped topping
2 large apples, cored & chopped 
(leave peel on for more nutrition)
2 Snickers candy bars, chopped
(or a sm. bag of sugar free peanut butter cups) 
1/2 c. (unsweetened) coconut
1 small chocolate bar, optional 

In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Whisk for 2 minutes, then let stand for 2 minutes until soft set.  Fold in whipped topping, stirring well to combine. Add apples and most of the chopped candy; blend until mixed evenly.  Add coconut. Grate remaining chocolate over top to garnish.  Chill until ready to serve. 


Linked to Meal Plan Monday

6 comments :

  1. Happy Anniversary! Congratulations! I loved the wedding and current photo. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! =)
    I love your photos!!

    Thanks for sharing these fabulous recipes. Im pinning to try soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, Happy Anniversary! My hubby is diabetic too. I've made the snicker bar apple salad before, but didn't think about using sugar free candy! *slaps forehead* I'll be making this for him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly