Sunday, March 31, 2013

Chocolate (Coconut) Body Scrub!!


Hope you have all enjoyed a wonderful EASTER day!




Thanks to Marilyn at 4 U with Love for this wonderfully delicious and easy-to-make sugar scrub.

It's NO-GUILT chocolate, and it's really OK to eat it if you want. 
(Trust me on that one!;)

Marilyn has  'Spa Day Saturdays' and I was so glad to find this yummy concotion there.


We all deserve some pampering...and it doesn't have to be expensive. 

This scrub is awesome!

Easy to make..with ingredients you most likely have on hand...great to give as a gift.  Mix it up in minutes - I'm wild about quick recipes!

(Sure wish we had smell-a-'puter so you could get a good whiff!=)

From Marilyn's blog..."I was inspired by Chocolate...but zero guilt chocolate.  How does that sound?   Let me first share what I've learned, via surfing the internet, about chocolate in beauty products.
#1 - Chocolate is a good moisturizer that rejuvenates and nourishes the skin
#2 - Chocolate has powerful anti-oxidant powers
#3 - It's anti-oxidant properties may prevent free radicals from causing damage to skin and may smooth out wrinkles"


I've made a number of sugar scrubs, especially at holiday time, and have learned I prefer less oil to sugar ratio, using 1/4 c. oil plus 1 Tb.per 1 c. sugar, but of course, you can always add more if that's your preference. I want to feel smooth, not greasy, but to each his (or her) own. 

How about the idea of making chocolate/coconut sugar scrub?  Use coconut oil and add coconut extract instead of the vanilla.  MMM good!

I didn't have the cocoa butter, but that would be a fantastic addition!


CHOCOLATE BODY SCRUB

1/2 c. (+ 2 Tb.) light olive (or coconut) oil
1 Tbsp cocoa butter (optional)
2 c. sugar
2 Tb. cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla (or coconut) extract

Pour oil into a microwavable bowl. Add cocoa butter if using. 

Microwave on high in 20 second intervals until the cocoa butter is almost melted. (or until oil is just heated slightly). 

Stir in sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder to the oil.

Stir until mixed thoroughly.

When cooled, place scrub in mason jars or plastic container with lid.  (Tie with a ribbon to give as a gift). Use on your elbows, feet, hands and in the shower.  I love using it on my hands anytime they're feeling rough. 

5 comments :

  1. Hi Marsha, that's look good and interesting. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.

    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift! I know I'd love to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling I'd be tempted to lick it all off before washing my hands-lol! Sounds wonderful! I really need to do this as winter is hard on my hands and sugar scrubs help so much. But hopefully winter will finally retreat and I won't have a need for it for another year! We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummilicious!! I need to make this one for gifts. It does sound good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly