Friday, March 15, 2013

Skinny Shamrock Shake {Weight Watchers}



Wanted to give you a 'heads up'...

I excitedly anticipate my return to Weekend Potluck NEXT Friday...
I've missed you all and look forward to being in the 'groove' with ya'll once again...


I love, and often make, Nancy's recipes at Skinny Kitchen , so when I came across this yummy shake recipe, I made it the same day!

I do love the seasonal shakes at McD's, but at 550 calories a shot, I have to live without, or share.  This recipe has 184 calories, ZERO fat and 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus!!  YIPPPEEE!!!

When we went shopping for the frozen nonfat vanilla yogurt, we came across some mint chocolate chip ice cream...NO SUGAR ADDED.  Since we both have to watch our sugar intake, we scooped it up and couldn't wait to get home to make it.  

Super Sensational...and anything I can make at home, is another plus. This recipe makes one serving, but is easily doubled or tripled. 

Happy St. Patty's Day...


And...you're welcome.  *-*



SKINNY SHAMROCK SHAKE

3/4 c. fat free frozen vanilla yogurt
1/2 c. fat-free milk
1/8 tsp. peppermint or mint extract
5 or 6 drops green food coloring
2 sm. pkgs. Truvia or Splenda or your fav sugar substitute
3 - 4 ice cubes 
fat free or light whipped cream, optional


Combine all shake ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into a 16 oz glass. Top with light whipped cream, if desired and enjoy immediately. It tastes wonderful without the whipped cream, but if you're like me, it makes me feel a little more pampered to add it. 

Makes 1 (16 oz) servings 

Linked to 
               Saturday Show & Tell
Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday

2 comments :

  1. This looks so good...I need to give this Skinny Shamrock Shake a try. Pinned! Thank you for the yummy share! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from the weekend potluck!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly