Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sweet Cornbread Muffins (using a cornbread mix & a cake mix)

I'm not sure where this recipe came from.  I have had it, handwritten, in my files and been anxious to try it.  The cake mix gives the muffins a sweet taste and smoother texture than every day cornbread muffins. 

I whipped them up by hand (you don't want to overbeat muffins) and we enjoyed them alongside a bowl of chili.  MMM good!

Surprise your family and see if they can tell a difference from 'traditional' cornbread. 

(I enjoyed mine with Honey Cinnamon Butter)


SWEET CORNBREAD MUFFINS 
(using a cornbread mix & a cake mix) 

1 (9 ozs) box yellow cake mix (Jiffy brand)
1 (8.5 ozs) box corn bread mix (Jiffy brand)
2 eggs
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. 2% milk
2 Tb. vegetable or canola oil 

Preheat oven to 350*. 

In a large bowl, combine both mixes. Grease AND FLOUR (don't skip this part...
the spray that includes the flour is best) 14 muffin cups. 

In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir into the dry ingredients just until everything is moistened.  Fill cups just over 1/2 full. (Sometimes I like to sprinkle my cornbread with cinnamon/sugar mixture before baking). Bake 18 - 22 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched lightly or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. 

Cool 5 minutes in pan; remove to cooling rack. 






2 comments :

  1. These sound delicious!
    I love Cornbread with Chili!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard the combo of muffin and cake mix makes a really delish muffin! I haven't tried it yet but this is great if you're in a hurry! Now I'm craving chili and cornbread muffins...

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly