- If you haven't already decided what to make to help add a 'festive' touch to our nation's Happy Birthday this week, this is just for you...
- I love quick and easy. I also LOOOOVE brownies...and cream cheese and berries!!
This dish makes for a fun addition to any meal, but especially for any patriotic holiday celebration...BBQ or picnic. This is what I'll be making for the upcoming July 4th weekend.Bake brownies in a pizza pan...top with cream cheese frosting, then top with berries. What could be easier? You can use a glaze for the berries, but it isn't necessary.If you really want to cut back on some calories, reduced fat and sugar options are here for you too.Enjoy every tasty bite!
- PATRIOTIC BROWNIE DESSERT
- 1 (18 ozs) box brownie mix (the richer, the better)
- Water, oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1 (8 ozs) pkg. (lite) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. sugar (or substitute)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 c. fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 1 c. fresh raspberries, cleaned, optional1/2 c. strawberry glaze, optional(store purchased sugar free is awesome)
Preheat oven to 350*. Grease bottom only of 12" pizza pan, using cooking spray or shortening.
Follow instructions on brownie mix. Spread in pan.
Bake 26 - 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out almost clean. Cool Completely; about 1 hour.
In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture over brownie base. Mix berries with glaze, if using, then arrange berries over cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Cut into wedges. Store leftovers in fridge.
Meal Plan Monday