Saturday, August 3, 2013

Yogurt Pudding Pops

When I saw this simple recipe from my buddy, Lark of  Lark's Country Heart, I knew it was something I had to make for chillin' in the heat of this summer.

Using a sm. box of pudding mix (we use sugar free), I exchanged
Greek yogurt for the cool whip called for in the original recipe.

Waiting for them to freeze was the only hard part.

Try them soon! You can feel good about giving your kids a healthy treat. 

I bought my mold for $1 at the dollar store. 




YOGURT PUDDING POPS 

2 c. milk (I used 1%)
1 sm. pkg. (4 serv. size) instant pudding mix
(I used vanilla, but banana or lemon would be great too)

1 c. Greek yogurt



Whisk together the milk and pudding mix. Chill about 15 minutes.
Fold in Greek yogurt.  Pour into molds. Freeze at least 8 hours. 

If you don't have molds, just pour into paper cups. Freeze half an hour, then insert a popsicle stick, or even part of a straw, for a handle. 

(When I was ready to enjoy one, I placed that one into a small cup of warm water to loosen it). 


5 comments :

  1. So glad you liked the recipe. On hot hats nothing hits the spot like a cool refreshing popsicle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this is normal, but I seem to always be hot now that I'm pregnant. This is perfect for cooling off, and a healthy treat with the protein, calcium and probiotics of the yogurt!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly