Thursday, December 12, 2013

Copycat Cracker Barrel Pecan Pancakes

Though hubby loves pancakes, I'm not a big fan of them, but we are both big fans of Cracker Barrel.

We both love a good breakfast. So I thought I'd surprise him with this simple breakfast. We oftentimes enjoy breakfast for dinner too.

These light and fluffy pancakes were so good I had to have a second one!

I subscribe to allfreecopycatrecipes.com, which is where I found this recipe shared at Tammilee's Tips.

You can substitute the buttermilk with regular milk and vinegar
(add 1 Tb. vinegar per 1 c. milk - let stand 5 minutes) but
for the very best results, use REAL buttermilk.  Makes a big difference!

Your family will be so surprised and happy when they get to enjoy this tasty breakfast....or dinner. ;-}  Add some sausage or bacon for a complete meal.
You can be enjoying these within 30 minutes...start to finish!



There again - they are best eaten as soon as they're made.

Take it from someone who isn't wild about pancakes, these are
awesome and very tasty!  I always love the crunch from the nuts in my pancakes or waffles too. 



COPY CAT CRACKER BARREL PECAN PANCAKES  

2 c. all purpose flour
(I used half white wheat)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 Tb. sugar or xylitol
2 c. buttermilk
1 egg
chopped pecans 

Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Add buttermilk and combine. Blend in egg just until mixed. 

Pour baking mix onto a hot griddle; sprinkle pecans over top; flip when bubbly and bottoms are golden brown. 

Makes 8 - 10, depending on size

Linked to Weekend Potluck

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly