Thursday, April 24, 2014

Crockpot Family-Favorite Chili

Thank you Betty Crocker for this tasty chili. 

I had already thawed 2# of burger, not knowing what I'd do with it.  Then...

We had a cold and rainy day and it was the perfect time to cook up some chili.  We like chili even when it's warm outside, but that hasn't happened in these parts just yet! 

I googled crockpot chili and here's what I landed on...hope you enjoy too.

I tweaked it just a bit by using part salsa for the tomato sauce. I was out of chili powder, so I used a chili seasoning mix packet, so use whatever suits your fancy to season this hearty dish. 


CROCKPOT FAMILY-FAVORITE CHILI 

2# lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (28 ozs) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 ozs) can chili beans in sauce, undrained
1 (8 ozs) can zesty tomato sauce
1 c. favorite salsa 
(Or just use 15 ozs. tomato sauce and no salsa)
2 Tb. chili powder
1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt & pepper, each 
(I used chili seasoning packet and eliminated these spices) 


In large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain.

In 3 - 4 qt. slow cooker, mix beef, onion and remaining ingredients.



Set your slow cooker on low for 6 - 8 hours...or high for 3 - 4. 


Linked to Weekend Potluck
Whatcha Crockin Wednesday


A similar recipe - 

Simple Cheesey Hamburger Soup





Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly