Monday, April 6, 2015

Book Review: The Pharoah's Daughter: Author - Mesu Andrews


(This is the 4th book I've enjoyed by this awesome author)
Such a stunning photo of the woman isn't it???

THE PHARAOH'S DAUGHTER 

A TREASURE OF THE NILE NOVEL 

From back cover: 

"You will be called Anippe, daughter of the Nile. Do you like it?" Without waiting for a reply, she pulls me into her squishy, round tummy for a hug.
I'm trying not to cry.  Pharaoh's daughters don't cry.
When we make our way down the tiled hall, I try to stop at ummi Kiya's chamber.  I know her spirit has flown yet I long for one more moment. Amenia pushes me past so I keep walking and don't look back.
Like the waters of the Nile, I will flow. 

This is an amazing story written by a mastermind, Mesu Andrews. She has such an amazing gift for making Biblical characters come alive! Mesu helps us to consider a different perspective from the Pharoah's Daughter herself, who drew baby Moses out of the water. VERY interesting how she adds twists and turns and exciting surprises.

I am in awe at how much research she does before writing her books of 'what could have been' and how she brings together such beautifully written ideas and stories. I love how each chapter begins with a scripture passage, and how she builds on each one. She's brilliant! Mesu's writings are so God-honoring. They make me want to dive into the Word of God to further my thinking. She uses such detail that my mind can easily picture what she's trying to convey. 

A very strong theme in this book is "Fear is the most fertile ground for faith". It made me think of my own fears and how God wants to use them to grow my faith. I love how Mesu expresses God's willingness to woo us to Him, even when we're ashamed and muddling through the messes of life. 

I truly appreciate the 'lineage outlines' at the front of her books and I often refer to them, as I read and get to know the characters. I highly recommend each of Mesu's books, and can't wait for more. 

To purchase a copy of this wonderful book, go to Amazon

To see my review of Mesu's first book (my favorite!..about Biblical Job)...
Love Amid the Ashes


No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly