Sunday, August 30, 2015

1-2-3 Banana Bread & Browning Your Own Bananas

I think this recipe is all over the net and internet.  I just had to try it for myself. 

I've been making/selling baked goods this summer at our local farmer's market, so this was a great recipe - quick and easy - to whip up to sell. 

I'm amazed how folks 'scarf up' my table-full of goods so quickly.  It's been fun to visit with hometown friends too, and make some new friends as well. 


I renamed this recipe...just so folks might remember it better. 
It's ONE yellow cake mix...
TWO eggs...
THREE ripe bananas...

I threw in a few chocolate chips as well.  

I made one medium, one small, and several mini muffins with this simple recipe. 

(Hover over image to pin)

I have to say I give this about a 4 rating, out of 5.  It wasn't as moist as my Sour Cream Banana Bread but it was very tasty. 

It's perfect for when you want something quick...especially if you have ripening bananas.  (Or if you're like me, I throw brown bananas...peel and all...in the freezer, then let them thaw when I'm ready to use them). 



1-2-3 BANANA BREAD 

1 (16 - 18 ozs) yellow cake mix
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, peeled & mashed
chopped nuts or chocolate chips, optional


Preheat oven to 350. 

Grease and flour 2 loaf pans or 4 small (6" pans). 

In large bowl, combine first 3 ingredients; mix with mixer until
smooth.  Stir in chips or nuts.  (I suggest lightly coating choco chips with flour first so they don't sink to the bottom). 

Pour into prepared pans. Bake 25 - 35 minutes, depending on size of pan. 

Remove from oven when toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean; let stand 10 minutes; remove from pan to cool on rack. 

**TIP**

Here's a tip that has come in handy for me...just in case you didn't know, you can bake yellow bananas to 'brown' them up, so the insides get nice and soft, making them perfect to mix up in some banana bread...


Preheat oven to 300. Break bananas apart and spread on a cookie sheet. Place in oven; After 40 minutes, the bananas will be blackened. Just cool, then squeeze out of the peel and you're ready to rumble....


You might also like these...




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly