Sunday, August 24, 2014

Zippy Zucchini Pineapple Bread

If you're like me, you still have some fresh zucchini on hand. 
We are so blessed to have caring friends who are willing to share their produce with us. 

This is another tasty zucchini recipe from my good friend, Kate. 

She made a number of loaves of this flavorful, moist bread for a benefit for my grandson, Caden, when he was battling leukemia a few years ago (he's doing well now - thank you Jesus!).  I had several folks ask me if I had that recipe after they'd purchased one of Kate's loaves at our sale, and I sent them to her, but never got the recipe myself.  DUH!  

Sooo...I was thrilled when she shared it with me recently.  She's also the one who gave me the German Chocolate Zucchini Bread that we went wild over!

It's so moist and very scrumptious. It's wonderful for breakfast or a snack any time of day. 

I added some pineapple juice to a little powdered sugar and drizzled a glaze over the top, but that's optional. 


I made 1 loaf and a dozen muffins with 1 batch...


ZIPPY ZUCCHINI PINEAPPLE BREAD 

3 eggs
2 c. sugar
(I used heaping 1-1/2 c.)
1 c. oil
(I used 1/2 c. oil, 1/2 c. applesauce
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. (or 8 ozs. can) pineapple, drained
3 c. (white wheat) flour
1 -1/2 tsp. cinnamon
 1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. grated zucchini
3/4 - 1 c. chopped pecans


Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 large bread pans, OR a 9" X 13" baking pan, OR a bundt cake pan.  

In large bowl, beat eggs lightly; add sugar and oil. Then add vanilla and pineapple; mix well. In small bowl, combine dry ingredients; stir with whisk to mix. Add dry ingredients into egg mixture a little at a time and mix well. Stir in zucchini and nuts.

Bake for 40-50 minutes, depending on pan size. Insert a toothpick into the center and when it comes out clean it is done. Let stand 5-10 minutes then remove from pan to cool completely on rack. 

This bread will keep for several months in the freezer if you wrap a cooled loaf in saran wrap, then place it in a ziploc bag, pushing all the air out to preserve the bread.  Perfect to serve to unexpected company. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
             Meal Plan Monday









Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly