Saturday, February 13, 2016

Easy Cream Cheese Mints

If you're looking for something last minute to make for Valentine's Day, here you go!

I have been making these mints for many years.  At home, in Ohio, I have little
rubber molds that I make into adorable shaped mints, but here in Florida,
I have to make do. I just pressed a fork on top for a little 'design'. 

I didn't want to purchase a bottle of red food coloring for just a few drops, so I went with leaving them white.  These can be colored...and are great to make pink and/or blue for baby showers. 

I also didn't want to purchase a whole bottle of mint extract, so I used
2 drops of doTerra peppermint essential oil. IMHO, I think the flavor
is perfect. 


This easy recipe has cream cheese, extract and powdered sugar! That's it.
You can roll the balls in granulated sugar to make them sparkle, and it helps them not to stick to the waxed paper. 

I have always let them set on the counter to dry for 24 hours or so, (turning over halfway) but you can also refrigerate them if you're in a rush. Remove from waxed paper when dry and refrigerate. 


EASY CREAM CHEESE MINTS 

4 ozs. cream cheese (1/2 of an 8 oz. pkg), room temperature
1/4 tsp. mint extract - 
(I used 2 drops peppermint essential oils)
(or rum or strawberry - you choose)
few drops of food coloring, optional
1 lb. powdered sugar
(about 3-1/2 c.) 
granulated sugar for rolling

Line cookie sheet with waxed paper; set aside.

In small bowl, combine softened cream cheese with extract, and food coloring, if using. (You can mix with mixer, but I mix by hand with a fork). Stir in half of the powdered sugar;
mix until combined, then blend in remaining powdered sugar, adding a drop or two of milk if necessary to make a smooth rolling consistency. Mixture will be dry. 

Roll into balls, using about 1/2 tsp. of dough (you want them small), then roll around in granulated sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheet; press down slightly with heel of hand, and then use a fork to make a design on top, or just use a fork, going both ways (like a peanut butter cookie design) 

Allow to dry on counter for 24 hours, turning over halfway, or place in the refrigerator for a few hours to dry.  Place in covered container and refrigerate. 


Linked to Weekend Potluck

You might also like...

No Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Squares



Slow Cooker Fudge (made with honey)





 

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly