Sunday, October 16, 2016

Smashing Pumpkin Bread

Since I've been baking mostly breads for my farmer's market stand this summer, I wanted to bake a plain pumpkin bread for my last time there this fall, but haven't been able to find the recipe I got from a friend many years ago.


I've pinned several that look luscious. Then I opened a Taste of Home magazine given to me by a friend, and there it was!  I compared the ingredient list to the recipe I had just recently pinned.  Only a little bit of difference in the flour amount, so I decided to go with this one.

It's flavorful and so moist, so this is the one I'll stick with.
It was enjoyed soooo much with our morning coffee. 

You can always add nuts, craisins, coconut or cinnamon chips to dress it up. 

But trust me, it's awesome just as it is. A perfect fall treat. 
It freezes nicely too, so keep some on hand for drop in company.

It will make your kitchen smell heavenly while it's baking!!!!!!



SMASHING PUMPKIN BREAD 

1-2/3 c. all purpose flour
1-1/2 c. sugar
(I cut back to 1 heaping c.)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 c. canned pumpkin puree
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. chopped nuts, coconut, cinnamon chips or raisins, optional 

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9" X 5" loaf pan; set aside.

In large bowl, combine first eight dry ingredients - flour through cloves. 

In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil and water; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
(No, I did not use a mixer, just stirred by hand). 
Stir in add-ins if desired. 

Pour into prepared pan.  Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out pretty clean, about 1 hour. (A few crumbs on the toothpick will ensure a moist loaf). 

Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool. 

Serve with cream cheese or Honey Cinnamon Butter

Linked to Weekend Potluck
                Meal Plan Monday


You may also enjoy....










Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly