Friday, February 4, 2011

Simple (Garlic) Ranch Pretzels (Addictive!)

This is a super duper Super Bowl snack...and an ANYTIME snack too. 

These are a great seller at my farmer's market 'baked goods' stand through the summer. 

It's as easy as tossing the pretzels into a bag...drizzling with butter flavored
oil, then sprinkling with dry ranch dressing - VOILA!!
(& garlic powder if you choose to add)

These are very tasty...and addicting. And they only take a couple of minutes to make! NO Baking Involved!

I made several batches of these for my grandson's graduation open house recently and these were on every table - and a real hit! 



It's such a great recipe and soooo easy!  Once folks taste this delicious little snack, they'll ask for more...and the recipe too!

Your kids can make this one - it's really that easy! Three...yes 3!...simple ingredients.  My 10 yr. old granddaughter, Claira, made a batch when she spent a few days with us earlier this summer...



Did I mention they are addicting???? 

Even folks who don't care for pretzels have asked for the recipe. I've given these as gifts many times also. Wrap them up in a cute food bag and they'll love you forever.

I cleaned house for my friend Sandy, for many years - she keeps these in her home almost all the time, and she's the one I got the recipe from. 

(hover over photo to pin)

RANCH PRETZELS    

 2# mini pretzels
(Oftentimes I use 2 - 20 ozs bags...there's plenty of oil to cover them)
1 (12 ozs) bottle Orville Redenbacher butter-flavored oil
1 pkt. (1 oz) ranch dressing mix, dry

1 Tb. garlic powder, optional

Place pretzels in large 2 gal. ziploc bag (I use a 13 gallon garbage bag - unused of course) and pour oil over pretzels. (I place the bag in a pan to keep the oil from going through the bag onto the counter). Shake bag to cover pretzels evenly with oil - sprinkle dressing mix over and shake again until mixed well. If using, Sprinkle garlic powder over pretzels and "Stir" or shake bag about every 2 hours for several hours.  Let set overnight - keep in a sealed container. 


They keep well for several weeks stored in sealed container, so you can make them ahead. 



1 comment :

  1. These pretzels look like my kind of snack. i wouldn't be able to stop eating them when I make them. I'm all about the food at the superbowl. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly