Thursday, April 11, 2013

Garlic Butter Baked Tilapia Fillets



I am always! looking for a good way to dress up fish, so I was excited when I came across this one.

Sheena from Hot Eats & Cool Reads told me this is one of the 'hottest' posts at her blog.  This recipe is great using any other white fish. Sheena used Pollock. We eat what's on sale, mostly tilapia & pollock.  We enjoyed this a lot and will certainly use this recipe again and again. 

I used fresh lime juice, but refrigerated would work just as well. 


GARLIC BUTTER BAKED TILAPIA FILLETS
*slightly adapted from Hot Eats & Cool Reads*

1 # tilapia fillets
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. butter, melted
(or Smart Balance)
1 tsp. dried parsley, optional
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
salt and pepper to taste 
(I have a saltless garlic pepper that I used) 

Preheat oven to 400.  

You may grease a glass baking dish, but I preferred lining a pan with nonstick foil for easy cleanup. 

Place fillets in baking dish in single layer.  Combine garlic, butter, parsley, lime juice and spices. Pour over fish. Bake about 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  (My hubby prefers a drier fish, so I baked ours for nearly 40 minutes). 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
Scrumptious Sunday

4 comments :


  1. Ive never had this kind of dish before..but it sounds very healthy! =)

    Have a great weekend!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some tilapia I really need to use in my freezer - this looks like a GREAT way to use them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I also am always looking for ways to yummy up some fish. This sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly